Is Twitter a time-waste for brands?

Size does not always matter…..

 

Is it more important to have massive amounts of random followers or should Brands look at the value of influencers. A recent Forrester Research report found that Mass Influencers (MI) are the consumers that brands, authors and businesses need to court. The problem? MI’s are hard to find. Only about 16% of the total American online audience are considered Massive Influencer’s. To find these massively influential consumers, the Forrester report indicates that brands need to do a bit more monitoring of social networks and posts about their brand, they need to better segment consumers on their lists of followers and then they need to engage.  Read More….

 

 

 

How Twitter is Changing: A new study reveals Twitter’s new direction

Twitter reportedly attracted more than 100 million users in 2010. While it’s not quite the size of Facebook, which currently serves as the digital residence of 500 million users, it’s impact on media, culture and society is profound.  Compare the growth from 2009 to 2010 with the charts….Read More…

Source: Brian Solis

Email, Facebook and Twitter: Retention or Acquisition?

…Based on the Subscribers, Fans, and Followers research I have been engaged in over the past several months, looking at the differences in how consumers want to engage with brands through these three channels, I believe this is a potentially serious mistake…(full article)

After becoming an email subscriber, 27% of consumers say they are more likely to purchase from a brand and another 41% are neutral, which I’ve interpreted as they may or may not be willing to purchase more. Giving the benefit of the doubt, let’s say 68% may be influenced to purchase MORE after becoming a subscriber.

After becoming a Facebook Fan, 17% are more likely to purchase, with another 34% on the fence. In total, 51% may be influenced to purchase MORE after becoming a Fan on Facebook.

After following a brand on Twitter, 37% say they are more likely to purchase, with another 31% on the fence. Like email, 68% may be MORE likely to purchase after becoming a follower.

Little Cannibalization between eMail, SocNets

Email Primary Brand Communication Channel
“Subscribers, Fans and Followers” indicates only 4% of online consumers who perform online brand interaction subscribe to a brand email, are fans of a brand on Facebook, and follow a brand on Twitter. More than half of online consumers (56%) who interact with brands online only interact via brand subscription..more…..

Source: Exact Target, CoTweet, Marketing Charts,

When is the Best Time to Tweet?

   The Social Media Guide found 9:00AM Pacific Time is the best time to Tweet. “You are hitting three major break times: People arriving at work on the West Coast of America and Canada. It coincides with lunchtime (12:00 pm EST) on the East Coast of America and it coincides with the end of the business day in London (5:00 pm GMT)

Posted via web from charlenesimmonsdesmet’s posterous